Healthcare Administration Training Program
About the Program
Immersive 2-year healthcare administration training program for college graduates who are considering a career in healthcare administration/management. Colorado Center for Dermatology & Skin Surgery is a leading-edge practice that strives to serve patients and the community through personalized and exceptional care. Our team is committed to continually getting better at what we do and fostering a dynamic and upbeat culture. Our healthcare administration training program is designed to provide substantial experience in the front office, administration, and operations of a multi-provider, multi-location medical practice. Trainees are full-time, paid employees. Trainees will hone a variety of leadership and organizational skills, including communication, relationship management, planning agility, technology integration, revenue cycle, supply/inventory management, quality assurance/control, process improvement, and general professionalism. Those who excel may be promoted to supervisory and leadership roles with even more opportunities to develop professional and personal acumen.
We are seeking Healthcare Administration Trainees with the following attributes:
- Friendly, empathetic, intuitive, and able to “read” people and situations effectively.
- Proactive and amiable communicator.
- Enjoys taking difficult situations involving people and effectively converting potentially unpleasant encounters into cooperative and peaceful interactions.
- Quick learner who can efficiently process and digest information to problem-solve.
- Natural sense of urgency and ability to follow-through with a variety of tasks.
Training objectives and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively and warmly communicate with patients, visitors, and team members to foster a cooperative and well-organized environment. Guide and educate patients to ensure they are properly prepared for visits.
- Develop expertise with a variety of technology tools, insurance coverage, and medical billing process.
- Thrives in handling a variety of assignments, including scheduling appointments, verifying insurance and benefits, checking-in/out patients, collecting payments, and providing financial guidance to patients.
- Exchange ideas to continually improve our delivery of patient services and care. Facilitate seamless operations among the front office, call center, and clinic teams, including medical providers, medical assistants, and team leaders.
- For advanced Trainees, supervise location front office operations, including in-office collections, inventory and supply management, facilities, IT, staffing, training and development.
Required Education and Experience:
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to pursuing a career in healthcare administration.
- Four-year college degree (minimum GPA 3.35). Must be able to commit to a minimum of 2-years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Consistently responsive using multiple forms of communication (email, phone, text).
- Adept at learning and utilizing technology, including EHR, practice management software, G-Suite, Mac computers, spreadsheets, and other computer-based and online tools.
- We currently have offices in Centennial, Greenwood Village, Littleton, & Longmont, CO. This position is based in Centennial, CO but may rotate at all of our locations.
- To be considered for this position, please complete all of the following required steps:
- Please submit application as soon as possible. Limited training program spots available. Thank you.