About the Program
Immersive 2-year pre-health professional training program for college graduates who are considering a career as a clinical provider (e.g., doctor, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner). Colorado Center for Dermatology & Skin Surgery is a leading-edge practice that strives to serve patients and the community through personalized and exceptional care. Our team is committed to continually getting better at what we do and fostering a dynamic and upbeat culture. Our clinical leadership training program is designed to provide substantial clinical, organizational, and leadership experience in a multi-provider, multi-location medical practice. Trainees are full-time, paid employees (this is not an internship). Trainees will hone a variety of competencies, including hands-on medical, surgical, and aesthetics encounters, effective verbal and written communication, relationship cultivation, technology integration, administrative and organizational accountability, patient advocacy, medical billing, insurance authorizations, quality assurance/control, process improvement, and general professionalism. Those who excel may be promoted to specialist and leadership roles with even more opportunities to develop professional and personal acumen. We are seeking trainees who are friendly, optimistic, and enjoy staying busy with a variety of tasks.
Training objectives and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Professionally and warmly communicate with patients and team members to facilitate an exceptional patient experience.
- Room patients and review medical history, scribe, and assist with outpatient surgical excisions and reconstructive surgeries. Provide expert patient counseling and education regarding skin/wound care.
- Organize information and multiple tasks with attention to detail and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment. Coordinate patient triage, phone triage, and prior authorizations.
- Provide general support to the clinic team, including sterilizing instruments and stocking exam rooms.
- Exchange ideas to continually improve our delivery of patient care and services. Enthusiastically support the clinic, front office, and call center, including answering incoming phone calls, scheduling appointments, learning insurance coverage and benefits, and other practice duties as needed.
- For advanced Trainees, leadership roles in various administrative and clinic functions, including compliance, auditing, inventory and supply management, facilities, training and development.
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to pursuing a career in healthcare (as demonstrated through prior work/internship/community experience).
- Four-year college degree (minimum GPA 3.35). Must be able to commit to a minimum of 2-years.
- Must have excellent attendance and communication skills and be consistently responsive using multiple forms of communication. Strong at multi-tasking between patients, phone, and computer.
- Adept at learning and utilizing technology, including EHR, practice management software, G-Suite, Mac computers, spreadsheets, and other computer-based and online tools.
- We currently have offices in Centennial, Greenwood Village, Littleton, & Longmont, CO. This position is based in Centennial, CO but may rotate at all of our locations.
- To be considered for this position, please complete all of the following required steps:
- Please submit application as soon as possible. Limited training program spots available. Thank you.