COVID-19 Updates for Patients
To Our Patients & Our Community:
As we actively monitor the continually evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will keep this page updated with our current practice responses.
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 16, 2020:
Our practice has become convinced that we need to curb the spread of the virus (aka, “flatten the curve”) through social distancing. To preserve the limited resources of our healthcare system and to keep our patients and our team as safe as possible during this health emergency, we are taking the following measures:
Telehealth: We are launching a Telehealth Platform to provide patient care for all eligible patients. This service is available for both new and established patients for conditions such as Acne, Dermatitis, Eczema, Hair Loss, Psoriasis, Rash, and Rosacea. Our physicians will also be able to evaluate you if you require medication and/or if you need medication adjustments. Telehealth visits will be billed to insurance as an office visit. Colorado law now requires insurance plans to cover telehealth visits as they would an “in-office” visit, including usual copay and deductible requirements. If you are already scheduled for a visit, our office will contact you to convert your visit to a telehealth visit or reschedule you as needed. If you have not yet scheduled but would like to, please submit an online request (select “Telehealth” as the location) or call us at (303) 761-0906.
Urgent In-Office Care: our providers are evaluating all scheduled appointments to identify patients with urgent dermatologic needs who need to be seen in our office. Our office will contact you to coordinate if this applies to your needs. If you believe you have an urgent dermatologic need that requires an in-office visit, please call our office.
For any patients who do need to come into our office, please be advised of the following measures we are taking to ensure our collective health and well-being:
- Wellness Screen: We are now providing a screening form when each patient checks in for his/her appointment. If you or anyone in your immediate family answers “yes” to any of the following questions, we ask that you CALL our office to reschedule your appointment and please refrain from entering our clinic:
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a respiratory infection, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family traveled to a high-impact area (including any Colorado Mountain Resorts or Summit, Eagle, Pitkin, or Gunnison Counties) in the last 2 weeks?
- Limited Contact: We are significantly limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space between patients. As events continue to unfold, we may need to further adjust our on-site scheduling. Thank you for your understanding if we need to adjust your appointment as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Minimize On-Site Waiting Time:
- Please complete/update your information on our Patient Portal. If you need your log-in assistance, please call us so we can help you.
- Please email email@example.com with a copy of your insurance card (if not previously provided to our office) so we can have that information loaded into your chart.
- New Patients: once you enter your information in our Patient Portal, please review, complete, and bring the following signed forms with you to your visit: Patient Portal Supplement, Office Policies (only need to print signature page), Privacy Policies (only need to print signature page), and Office Collections Authorization.
- Established Patients: if this is your first visit of the calendar year, please log-in and review data in your Patient Portal. Please also review, complete, and bring the following signed forms with you to your visit: Annual Information Update, Office Policies (only need to print signature page), Privacy Policies (only need to print signature page), and Office Collections Authorization.
- No Extras: Please bring only yourself to the visit. If the patient is a minor, one adult guardian must accompany the patient unless an Authorization for Treatment of Minor form is completed and sent with the patient. If you are having surgery near your eyes or nose, please arrange for someone to transport you after the visit.
- Cleaning, Disinfecting & Supplies: We have enacted even more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards. We are also asking guests to refrain from touching any of our equipment, drawers, or supplies. Further, our ability to continue serving our patients depends on the availability of hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks, and we trust that all of our patients will be respectful and refrain from removing any such supplies from our office.
Non-Urgent Care: All non-urgent surgeries and procedures, routine skin exams, elective cosmetic treatments, will be postponed through March 31, 2020. This will be effective, March 17th however, we will continue to reassess every 48 hours to respond and react to the dynamic environment. Our team will contact patients to reschedule and will assist you with any case-by-case needs.
We are committed to keeping our patients and their families healthy through this challenging and rapidly-changing time. We thank you for your patience as we work out the best ways to care for all of our patients in the safest possible way. Our team is actively monitoring and assessing the developments, and we will provide updates as we have more information.
Thank you for your cooperation and your support.