To Our Patients & Our Community:
As we actively monitor the continually evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will keep this page updated with our current practice responses.
UPDATE AS OF April 13, 2021:
Our clinics are operating a full capacity with various social distancing guidelines for the health and safety of our patients and team members (see our May 13, 2020 update below). Masks are required, even for vaccinated individuals. In connection with updated guidelines from the CDC, our office has updated our Wellness Screening protocols. Screening questions will be verified verbally at check-in. We will no longer be checking temperatures. Thank you for your cooperation and graciousness as we work together to keep each other healthy and safe.
Please Contact Us Online or call us at (303) 761-0906.
UPDATE AS OF October 16, 2020:
We are grateful for the cooperation and patience of our patients and team members over the past several months. We are now open at full capacity and continue maintaining modified social distancing at all of our clinics. The efforts we announced as of May 13, 2020 have been working well and continue to be our protocols. Please review the details below.
Please Contact Us Online or call us at (303) 761-0906.
UPDATE AS OF May 13, 2020:
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during the health pandemic. We are grateful that because of the collective efforts in our communities, we will soon be able to gradually re-open our offices as of May 4, 2020. However, to preserve the safety of our patients and team members, we will operate at a reduced capacity so that we can maintain a modified level of social distancing.
Continued Social Distancing Efforts:
- Appointment Times, Limited Contact & No Extras: in-office appointments will be scheduled to limit the number of people in contact with each other. In this same spirit, we ask that you bring only yourself to the visit. If the patient is a minor, one adult guardian must accompany the patient unless an Authorization for Treatment of Minor form is completed and sent with the patient. If you are having surgery near your eyes or nose, please arrange for someone to transport you after the visit.
- CCD Virtual Visits & Telephone Check-Ins: all patients who are eligible based on their reason for visit will be requested to schedule a CCD Virtual Visit or Telephone Check-In.
- Pre-Registration: we strongly recommend that patients complete all paperwork and registration electronically before their on-site arrival. If paperwork has not been completed in advance, patients may be requested to complete their paperwork in their vehicle or other isolated space.
- Appointment Confirmation: please make sure to respond to appointment reminders to confirm your appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, please provide at least one (1) business day advanced notice in accordance with our standard office policies. With limited appointments available, please be considerate and courteous so others can slot in.
- Pre-entry Wellness Screen: anyone entering our premises must attest to wellness and verify that there are no known exposures to COVID-19 (see our Wellness Screening Form). If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please do not come to our offices until you have been symptom-free for at least 14 days.
- On-Time Check-In: patients will be asked to arrive on-time (no earlier than 5 minutes in advance). Late arrivals may be subject to our rescheduling or cancellation policies. We thank you in advance for your cooperation as on-time arrivals and check-ins will be an essential component of maintaining social distance between patients.
- Physical Protections: we will require all individuals over 2 years of age to wear face masks to our office. Our reception areas will be protected by sneeze guards, and our team members will wear face masks. Additionally, our clinical team members who will come in close proximity with patients during their exam will wear face shields.
- Cleaning, Disinfecting & Supplies: we will continue more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards. We are also asking guests to refrain from touching any of our equipment, drawers, or supplies. Further, our ability to continue serving our patients depends on the availability of hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks, and we trust that all of our patients will be respectful and refrain from removing any such supplies from our office.
- CCD Urgent-In Office Visits: we will continue to support fellow healthcare professionals by offering CCD Urgent In-Office Visits to take care of patients who have an acute skin-related issues and are otherwise “well” based on our wellness screen.
Please Contact Us Online or call us at (303) 761-0906. Our team is honored to care for you and grateful to be taking steps towards resuming normal operations. We believe that these measures we outlined above are important for our collective health and well-being, and we thank you for your continued cooperation and trust
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 30, 2020:
To do our part in encouraging social distancing amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is following national and state guidelines to cease non-urgent and non-essential in-office services. However, Colorado Center for Dermatology & Skin Surgery continues to be available to care for your dermatological needs through the following Personalized Care Access options:
See your board-certified dermatologist from the comfort and safety of your home. Whether you are an established patient with our practice or a new patient, Medicare and many commercial insurance plans will cover virtual visits at this time. Virtual Visits through secure video conferencing can be an effective way for our dermatologists to help you address your skin health needs. Request a CCD Virtual Visit Appointment.
If you prefer to speak via telephone or may have limited access to or comfort with technology, we offer telephone consultations with one of our board-certified dermatologists to address your concerns. Request a CCD Telephone Check-In Appointment.
Our clinical team will triage and evaluate urgent, essential, or high-acuity concerns and determine whether you need to be treated in-office. This option is available to those who pass our Wellness Screen. Our goal is to help address your skin condition and keep you from going to urgent care or the emergency room so that you do not have to put yourself at risk for exposure and our community’s emergency resources can be preserved during the coronavirus pandemic.
Please Contact Us Online or call us at (303) 761-0906–our team is happy to serve. We will continue to be here for you and your loved ones during this difficult time. Thank you for your trust.
UPDATE AS OF MARCH 16, 2020:
Our practice has become convinced that we need to curb the spread of the virus (aka, “flatten the curve”) through social distancing. To preserve the limited resources of our healthcare system and to keep our patients and our team as safe as possible during this health emergency, we are taking the following measures:
Telehealth: We are launching a Telehealth Platform to provide patient care for all eligible patients. This service is available for both new and established patients for conditions such as Acne, Dermatitis, Eczema, Hair Loss, Psoriasis, Rash, and Rosacea. Our physicians will also be able to evaluate you if you require medication and/or if you need medication adjustments. Telehealth visits will be billed to insurance as an office visit. Colorado law now requires insurance plans to cover telehealth visits as they would an “in-office” visit, including usual copay and deductible requirements. If you are already scheduled for a visit, our office will contact you to convert your visit to a telehealth visit or reschedule you as needed. If you have not yet scheduled but would like to, please submit an online request (select “Telehealth” as the location) or call us at (303) 761-0906.
Urgent In-Office Care: our providers are evaluating all scheduled appointments to identify patients with urgent dermatologic needs who need to be seen in our office. Our office will contact you to coordinate if this applies to your needs. If you believe you have an urgent dermatologic need that requires an in-office visit, please call our office.
For any patients who do need to come into our office, please be advised of the following measures we are taking to ensure our collective health and well-being:
- Wellness Screen: We are now providing a screening form when each patient checks in for his/her appointment. If you or anyone in your immediate family answers “yes” to any of the following questions, we ask that you CALL our office to reschedule your appointment and please refrain from entering our clinic:
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
- Do you or anyone in your immediate family have a respiratory infection, cough, or shortness of breath?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family had contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you or anyone in your immediate family traveled to a high-impact area (including any Colorado Mountain Resorts or Summit, Eagle, Pitkin, or Gunnison Counties) in the last 2 weeks?
- Limited Contact: We are significantly limiting the number of patients scheduled each day in our offices so that we can allow for social distancing space between patients. As events continue to unfold, we may need to further adjust our on-site scheduling. Thank you for your understanding if we need to adjust your appointment as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- Minimize On-Site Waiting Time:
- Please complete/update your information on our Patient Portal. If you need your log-in assistance, please call us so we can help you.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your insurance card (if not previously provided to our office) so we can have that information loaded into your chart.
- New Patients: once you enter your information in our Patient Portal, please review, complete, and bring the following signed forms with you to your visit: Patient Portal Supplement, Office Policies (only need to print signature page), Privacy Policies (only need to print signature page), and Office Collections Authorization.
- Established Patients: if this is your first visit of the calendar year, please log-in and review data in your Patient Portal. Please also review, complete, and bring the following signed forms with you to your visit: Annual Information Update, Office Policies (only need to print signature page), Privacy Policies (only need to print signature page), and Office Collections Authorization.
- No Extras: Please bring only yourself to the visit. If the patient is a minor, one adult guardian must accompany the patient unless an Authorization for Treatment of Minor form is completed and sent with the patient. If you are having surgery near your eyes or nose, please arrange for someone to transport you after the visit.
- Cleaning, Disinfecting & Supplies: We have enacted even more frequent cleaning and disinfecting standards throughout our office, above and beyond normal OSHA standards. We are also asking guests to refrain from touching any of our equipment, drawers, or supplies. Further, our ability to continue serving our patients depends on the availability of hand sanitizer, gloves, and masks, and we trust that all of our patients will be respectful and refrain from removing any such supplies from our office.
Non-Urgent Care: All non-urgent surgeries and procedures, routine skin exams, elective cosmetic treatments, will be postponed through March 31, 2020. This will be effective, March 17th however, we will continue to reassess every 48 hours to respond and react to the dynamic environment. Our team will contact patients to reschedule and will assist you with any case-by-case needs.
We are committed to keeping our patients and their families healthy through this challenging and rapidly-changing time. We thank you for your patience as we work out the best ways to care for all of our patients in the safest possible way. Our team is actively monitoring and assessing the developments, and we will provide updates as we have more information.
Thank you for your cooperation and your support.